The Staunton Kiwanis Baseball Program is affiliated with the national Babe Ruth Organization and follows all Babe Ruth League guidelines with respect to safety procedures associated with COVID-19. The national Babe Ruth Organization requires the Staunton Kiwanis Baseball Program to follow all restrictions that are imposed by local and state officials, with no exceptions.
- Masks are optional.However, as recommended by the Virginia Department of Health, unvaccinated players, coaches, officials and spectators should strongly consider wearing masks, especially if close contact is likely to occur.Fully vaccinated people might also consider wearing a mask in crowded outdoor spaces if someone in their household is immunocompromised.
- Avoid touching the face, eyes and mouth, and cover the mouth and nose with a tissue or elbow when you sneeze or cough.
- Playing equipment – bats, gloves, helmets, catcher’s masks, fielding masks – may NOT be shared.Players not having their own helmet may request a Kiwanis provided helmet for use throughout the season.
- No team coolers or team drinks are permitted. Use only a personal water bottle or sports drink.
- Hand sanitizers should be used on a regular basis.
- Handshakes, fist/elbow bumps, chest bumps, group celebrations, etc. should be kept to a minimum.
- Social distancing of six feet between participants should be observed whenever possible.
- In addition to these policies, Staunton Kiwanis Baseball teams who travel to other cities/facilities should follow the guidelines and protocols established by the facility or organization the team is visiting.
COVID-19 ISOLATION/QUARANTINE PROTOCOLS
Virginia Department of Health COVID-19 protocols and guidance concerning isolation/quarantine and testing will be followed. See https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/protect-yourself/isolation-quarantine/
Players, coaches and officials who have tested positive for COVID-19, have symptoms of COVID-19 or have had close contact with a person who has COVID-19 while they are contagious will not be allowed to participate in Staunton Kiwanis Baseball games, practices or related activities until Virginia Department of Health Covid-19 protocols and guidance have been complied with. Coaches or a league official should be notified as soon as practicable after a positive test, the onset of symptoms or such close contact. Symptoms of COVID-19 include, but are not limited to:
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Fatigue (feeling very tired)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or body aches
Not everyone with COVID-19 will have all these symptoms.